I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Hello April!

the Before & After
Hello APRIL! I’ve been pretty busy getting sidetracked by tons of things: prepping up for my sister and I’s Birthday trip down to decorating my eldest sister's brand new family home. I really love decorating no matter how tiring it is at times because like I said before, when you enjoy the things that you do, exhaustion is out of the question. Beauty always has a price, no pun intended lol. It’s been a fact that you really have to spend to beautify yourself or a house per se and that was the challenge when I volunteered to decorate my sister’s new humble abode, how to work on a small budget in a short period of time. 
burlap bedside table

Vanity table
Originally, I thought of installing DIY roman blinds to their many windows, but, when I got to my sister’s house, they already had all the curtains and brackets installed so I needed to think of other stuff to work on. I instead focused on my niece’s room because I thought it needs a lot of work due to the cramped up space and clutter. The first thing I had in mind was how to declutter the room to allow more space and of course room to breathe. I hate clutters really, so, I always declutter first in order for me to decorate ‘cuz once the space is freed up (like a clean slate) it’s a whole lot easier to decorate. Afterwards, I started re-arranging the fixtures: bed, dresser, study table, bed side table etc. I tucked everything (that are not really useful) underneath the bed to allow so much room to move. Whilst re-arranging the things in the room, I noticed this old wooden table lying around so I decided to up-cycle it by covering the top surface with burlap to conceal the badly stained part, used laces to decorate the edges, ironed the burlap to flatten it then used hot glue to hold it together. I also bought some cactus terrariums to decorate the house. 

arrangement not mine; pillow cases and carpet 
color, my pick
Door decors from Papelmeroti; I added some 
rose burlap and colored feathers though. 
Dream catcher I made from previous post. 
Glass window decals in lieu of curtains; 
white & cork board I decorated :)
Built-in storage, yes the carpenter made them :D
Last but not least, I had all the windows in the house blanketed with glass decals because drilling the walls to install curtain brackets requires a lot of patience and might plus curtains are way too costly as well compared to window decals which only cost Php94.00 for a 3 meter roll and one roll was able to cover about 3-4 windows. I love glass decals because they give your windows that stained glass feel reminiscent of windows you see in churches. My sister by the way had a built-in cabinet installed underneath the stairs to hide all the clutters and to serve as additional storage as well. 

After my work is done, I went shopping and bought this wheeled backpack for my trip and some airy clothes as well. I’m not going to check in any luggage this time around for my trip to Vietnam to save me time waiting in the luggage carousel that’s why my sister and I both bought this Raccini™ wheeled backpacks for our second carry on bag. It’s just really ergonomic that you could just carry it or use the wheels/trolley. I love dual purpose stuff, they just make life so much easier. Oh btw, these wheeled backpack only cost Php1,190 in Robinson's (50% off I think) which is cheap yet it looks like your regular Jansport™  backpack except it's less than half the price.

another one of my diy projects--my cosmic jute
nautical ball, isn't she lovely?
name tags for your pets
Before I wrap this bloggie up, our pets finally have name tags yey! We passed by Groovin' Tags™ in SM Megamall couple of days ago and found these cute tags on display so we picked the ones that suits each and every one of our pets, waited 30 minutes and there you go, cute and colorful tags for your furry family. These babies just cost Php50 a piece.


0 comments:

Post a Comment