I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Musings, Etc.

The country is über busy because of the ongoing Presidential election and I myself is very squeamish to know who would be our new President. I’ve been glued to Twitter since yesterday as it’s faster versus waiting for poll results on TV. It may be premature to say since the counting of results isn’t over yet but it seems it’ll be an obvious landslide feat in favor of Rody Duterte. 

The VP race is quite interesting though because it’s becoming a pretty tough fight between my bet, Leni Robredo and Bong Bong Marcos. I’ve been praying since yesterday for a leader who’s capable of leading the nation to a better path wins. Someone who believes that violation of human rights is NOT a 'just' way for the citizens to respect the law. I so hate tyranny. We elect our leaders because we have faith in them and not because we expect them to become super humans. Let's not forget as well that, as citizens of this country it is also our basic responsibility to obey the law. It's not even an option anyways. Our leaders cannot do it alone. 

I may not have a 100% bet as far as who the next President would be, but, I think the reason why Duterte is leading it's because we are tired of our country being in a state of disarray and the man is known for having no mercy towards criminals. This nation lacks organization because everybody wants to have things their way. We are still hoping for someone who would be capable of putting things in perspective because we are so damn tired of the worsening crime rate, snarling traffic jams, corruption in the government and people who are forever wallowing in poverty. So, whatever the outcome of the election is, I will respect it because it’s quite obvious, the partial results says it all, the nation is so yearning for change.

Moving on, reading the news can be quite stressful due to the vote buying thing, malfunctioning of Vote Counting Machines (VCM) and cheating issues. So, I converted those negative energy to positive instead through crafting and ended up up-cycling some of our half pint jars (which used to be cake jars) to useful glass containers and put vintage labels on them. This way, I have prevented them from going to trash bins. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment