I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, June 2, 2017

Here comes the rain

photo from Pinterest
Welcome June. The summer season is finally over thank God. Now it’s time to bring out your puffer coats, rain boots and umbrellas, spring on. 

I have to put off my travel plans for now because of torrential rains and the recent turmoil our world is currently facing. I am feeling woeful about the terrorist attack in Ariana Grande’s recently concluded concert in Manchester, the crisis in Marawi (Mindanao), bombings in Thailand and Indonesia to name a few. I couldn’t wrap my head around why some people commit acts of evil. There are days when I skip Twitter because of tragic and sad news I read pretty much everyday and all I could do is pray and hope for things to be better as it’s already on a global scale. Anyways, going back, the month of June, aside from the downpour is also the month of the most Sacred Heart of Jesus, National Awareness and the start of summer season in the U.S.

rainy season it is...
June Solstice is set on the 21st,  the days longer and the nights shorter in countries located on the Northern Hemisphere whilst Winter Soltice on the Southern Hemisphere. As for myself, I just want the sun beam in the morning and for the temperature to cool down the rest of the day because I’m done with summer. I would prefer a hot frothy macha tea, a good book or movie while the rain trickles outside. 


Reading time...

I just bought my e-book copy of Lang Leav's Sad Girls and eleven other e-books yesterday to keep me busy. I think June is for reading books and to snuggle with my cat, he hates the rain. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment