I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, April 28, 2012

oh no it's mah birthday!

Phew. I just turned another year older today and yeah people keeps saying i still look so much younger than my age. Everyone I know tells me and my sister the same thing over and over so I’ve gotten used to the compliments and whathaveyous. I need not complain because others will die to look younger. There really isn’t any fountain of youth, it’s living a healthy lifestyle. Don’t smoke that’s my advice. Smoking will make one look older than he/she actually is.  Maybe if my sister and I did not quit junk, deep fried foods, ice cream, cakes,  anything too sweet, unhealthy etcetera etcetera we’d be  miserable by now not being able to fit into any clothes or whatever.  It was never an easy effort. Imagine quitting smoking? It’s possibly as difficult as that to quit eating/binging on foods you used to eat and consume haplessly.

Anyways, moving on, I can’t stop talking about living a healthy life because I am now and I just became concern with my well being a year ago. I never had any remorse not consuming the same foods I used to eat. Indulgence equals avarice at a certain point. There’s no harm in giving yourself a li’l pat in the back or reward for doing a job well done but indulging on foods that ‘s not beneficial for the body is also selfishness.  

Happy birthday to me and my sister. It seems like a day ago when we celebrated our last birthday in Singapore last year at boats of river quay...another year has gone by. This is the first time my sister and I  would be at work on our birthday (damn) while I should’ve been somewhere in Hongkong chilling or Thailand perhaps? My sister and I was not able to fulfill our self-made pilgrimage to another asian country for this year (whimper). Better luck next time eh? Maybe next year again..well see.

But then, still all good since I’m loving our new abode. Our family paid us a visit and brought along foodies like some spag and pancit malabon (our fave). So, my sister and I bought this junior cake from Swiss Baker. I did not enjoy the cake but t’was still ok.

Speaking of our new house, it’s huge and cozy with 2 bedrooms and quite furnished so we didn’t have to provide couch, dining set and lots of chairs. I can also sleep soundless except yesterday ‘cuz someone from the neighbourhood was mowing their lawn so imagine how NOISY it was. I can also hear our daushund neighbors howling from time to time. Oh geez.

Woohoo! Almost done with training! 2 more weeks to go I guess and we’re on fishbowling again (if you’re from a BPO company I guess you’ll know what I mean hehe). I enjoyed the training except for the exams. God knows how I hated studying so I’m glad we’re almost done and over it.
All is well. I’ve never enjoyed being home J


0 comments:

Post a Comment