I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Atari (ataru)

" atari the menace "
(don't be deceived by
its angelic face) 
One Sunday morning, while my sister and I are both prepping up for work, we heard a kitten’s cry outside disrupting the peace so early in the morning. We just shrugged it off at first and whilst having coffee we could hear the kitten getting closer and closer to our door. So, I opened the door thinking the poor kitty might be freezing outside. Then there it was, a ginger kitten! What surprised me was, the little fella isn’t even shy nor hesitant to come inside our house. He’s very sociable and loves to frolick around like crazy. Oh my. He’s an angel when asleep but the moment he wakes up he's like a tazmanian devil. To make the long story short, we named him Atari which means hit the target" in Japanese (ataru). The cat is so good in spatting, pouncing and giving me scratches everytime.  The thing is, we adopted him for a reason, to guard the house against mice and unfortunately I can still see some mice running around the house. We technically hired Atari for a specific task but I guess he’s still young perform his task lol. I think, for the time being, we’ll just let him be a kitty. I just don’t understand why he plays haplessly.



0 comments:

Post a Comment