I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

pain pain go away!

I wasn’t well during the past few days due to a recurring toothache. I guess that explains the searing headaches. I hate having toothaches, the discomfort and all. I was at work 3 days ago when my toothache attacked so I was back in forth at the clinic. My God, I’ve never felt that way ever. I think i'd prefer a diarrhea than have a toothache because a frequent trip to the bathroom (although you’ll be dehydrated shortly) is even more tolerable compared to a toothache, the pain almost wouldn’t go away and it’s really unbearable. The nurse in the office first gave me this anti-inflammatory medicine that helped ease the pain for just a while (which only lasted for about half an hour) and then there it went again. I felt my right cheek already swelling and the pain turned excruciating that I felt my temperature rising like I’m beginning to have a fever. SO...I went to the clinic the second time around and asked the nurse what to do because the pain isn’t tolerable anymore. The nurse got worried because the doctor isn’t around neither so he instead gave me another medicine. My nurse colleague told me it was a hardcore pain reliever. I researched and  found it was called Celecoxib.

It was like magic right after I took Celecoxib the pain went away in just 2 minutes which made me finished my entire shift. T’was weird ‘cuz It felt like an electricity seeped through the veins in my face so I knew it was effective because of the sudden cure.  Whew, what a relief.  I even got myself some more of it but took them only whenever the pain kicks because I learned that when taken frequently also has side effects as usual like any other drugs. Pain relievers are bad for the kidney once taken too much. I’m still bombarding myself with antibiotics and Bactidol up to now and I’m glad that my self-medicating happens to work. I know it’s not advisable to self-medicate but I just don’t have time to go to the doctor at the moment.  My swollen gum is getting better and I hope It stays that way!

Read.
I have a new read by Patricia Cornwell again called Blow Fly. I enjoyed Tami Hoag’s Secrets to the Grave e-book. It rocked.

Food.
Moving on, I cooked this Fetuccini Pesto so that we have something to munch on this gloomy and windy weekday. It’s me and my sister’s rest day so what can I say?

I used Fetuccine Pasta and bought this Clara Ole Pesto sauce (which was quite expensive), then mixed with mushroom, tuna and diced bacon then topped with grated cheese. It was ok, I guess I just happen to be a fan of red sauce. However, nevertheless, my sisters and niece loved it. I thought, I should’ve paired it with my sour potato salad (which I made last week). Hmm..maybe next time. Oh well, it’s raining again as I listen to Cibbo Matto’s Moonchild





0 comments:

Post a Comment