I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Hello December


Oh hello December! I promise to write as frequent as I could this month. I was just extremely busy lately due to the early Christmas shopping spree and appointment with my endocrinologist. I now have a new endocrinologist because the previous one seems to be the only one where I live thus it's such a pain setting up an appointment. 


Health is Wealth...
  
As I always say, I hate hospitals but, I am happy with my new Endoc because he answers all my questions as honest as possible. I was advised to cease taking my vitamins for the time being to see if my body will respond better to meds. Since he's an Internists at the same time, I was also advised that, I take other tests other than the usual blood test (FT4, TSH)  to also check my cholesterol level and come back after a month which I did. My blood test turned out fine, everything is normal so my only concern now is to rid off the muscle cramps and reduce any signs of hypothyroidism as it can no longer be totally eradicated. My Endoc eventually increased my dosage and advised that It's really all up to me how I would control my intake. I asked how come my muscle cramps seemed terrible whenever I am stressed out and I feel depressed at times for no reason at all. He responded that the reason behind that it's 'cuz my body is releasing insufficient hormones for my activities thus explains the depression and muscle cramps. That, I have to increase my dosage to address the lack of. I just then realized how odd my life would be from now on, I now have to gauge how many dosage (of hormone replacement meds) I have to take whilst my body is supposedly doing that job for me,  a lifetime side effect of my RAI (radioactive iodine treatment). I once stopped taking Levothyroxine without telling my Endoc but It didn't do me any good. I gained weight so fast and my muscle cramps came back plus the depression. I tried understanding my condition for as much as I could but It was really difficult without any aid from my Doctor. So far so good, I am taking my meds religiously and I have no plans of stopping because I don't want to go through the same ordeal I went through before. I really felt like an emotional wreck without my meds so I guess I shouldn't self medicate because battling against any thyroid related disorder  is serious. I think taking my meds before I go to bed did all the trick so I don't feel sleepy and tired that much during the day.

 I finally finished reading the last book from the Winterhaven Trilogy by Kristi Cook called “Eternal” (Winterhaven #3). Sorry to be such a spoiler.

Aidan, Violet and friends went to Paris after their high school graduation to celebrate and fight the bad vampires to restore the Tribunal. The battle against the bad vamps was a success except Aidan took the serum which was handed to him by Matthew (Violet's 'Megved'). Matthew perfected the serum and carefully instructed Violet that she must inject the serum to Aidan's no matter what. Violet was totally hesitant but she still managed to inject the serum to Aidan thus he resurrected, now a human being. Matthew unfortunately died. Violet was distraught with Matthew's death, he needed to die for Aidan to live. Violet in the long run met her Sabbath family and their Megved counterparts. The End. I thought, the Winterhaven trilogy was  entertaining.

photo courtesy
of google images
Next read: Another one of Neil Gaiman novels called Fortunately, the Milk. 

It's 20 days to go before Christmas...

Speaking of the holidays, My lovely make up brushes came in through mail last week! I purposely ordered a month early for Christmas as it's a reward for myself (for working so damn hard) and for my sister. It was a 12 piece brush set btw and is a good alternative for the really expensive ones. 

sunflowers for Mum :)
something for my sweet
tooth :)

Sunflowers in bloom
They're such a pretty sight to behold. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment