I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, December 22, 2014

Busy side walks

it's couple of days to go before Christmas and i'm just lucky to be on leave so I get to celebrate Noche Buena like every one else. A vacation is just really rare these days due to work engagements and I hate working during holiday season, it can get so lonely. Moving on, the night seemed longer than usual so I read somewhere about winter solstice. 

Winter Solstice...


Winter Solstice officially started last Sunday so I wasn't surprised when it's freakin' six in the morning yet it feels like it's past after midnight. If there's Summer Solstice then there's Winter Solstice.


Bad Food, Bad Service...


My sister and I went to Grumpy Joe for an early lunch sort of at eleven in the morning and to our dismay it was still closed so we had no choice but to eat out someplace else. Our feet led us to 50's Diner along Leonard Wood. It was way different compared to years ago when my family went there. It was all cramped up, poorly lit, there was this miniature cockroach creeping up the wall and the worst, their service was horrendous.

We ordered strawberry milk shake, baked macaroni and spaghetti. The strawberry milkshake came in quick however, the macaroni and spaghetti were served after almost an hour. We were pissed off but tried to keep our calm because we were both starving. Their staff were so sluggish like walking zombies and wouldn't even hand you over the menu onset unless you ask for it.  Alas our food was served after waiting in vain and yes it tasted spoiled and awful. My baked mac tasted stale and worse than 711's pasta on the go, it seemed like it was cooked the day prior my oh my.  We didn't even finish the whole plate because even the toasted bread didn't taste edible enough, it tasted expired. We took off as soon as we could. What a waste of money we told ourselves. Imagine paying almost P500 for 2 pax for a not so delectable meal? It was such a waste. I wonder what happened to 50s Diner? I hope they fix this crappy service they have because people are not wasting away their good money on expensive diners with awful food and bad customer service. 

Cleanse...


I know that the holidays is a festive season but, let's not also forget to infuse veggies in our holiday menu. Salad in a Jar is becoming really popular nowadays so I decided to give it a whirl.

How does it work? Stuff it in with the dressing first or wet ingredients followed by your choice of protein. It can be steamed chicken, egg or tuna or whatever meat you wish to add. Last but not least, the dry ingredients, cheese, raisins etc. Very easy to prepare and guilt free. 


posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments:

Post a Comment