I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

R&R

 I promise to blog more often to de-stress and so here I am.Work is not so busy due to the holidays which is such a breather. I think I really should have that much needed R and R. I love vacations because I get to read more often and watch more movies.


Recharge.

I just finished reading Neil Gaiman's Fortunately, the Milk e-book and yes I realized it was a children's book due to the cool illustrations. As expected, it was filled with drawings so I think I really picked the wrong book from the bookstore lol. I was deceived by its quirky book cover. Nevertheless, t'was pretty entertaining.

The story went like this, the kids were left home with the Daddy and they ran out of milk for the cereal (for the kids) and milk for the tea (for the Dad). The Dad bought one from the nearest grocery but he was eventually kidnapped by aliens. He met Stegosaurus, wumpires (vampires), a talking volcano etc.

My brain turned lopsided and thank God the weirdness ended sooner than I expected. The book contained just few pages thus it's finished even before I realized. It was crazy really. I just then realized upon skimming through the credits that Neil writes books for kiddos as well. Oh now I know hehe. I loved The Ocean at the end of the lane seriously and I didn't know his queer imagination extends to kids books.

Then be it.

New Read: The face on the Milk Carton, Caroline B. Cooney (Suspense/Mystery)

I have started reading this one and yes it is promising as it's a story about kidnapped kids and their photos at the back of milk cartons. I mean yeah what if the family you grew up with isn't your real family right? Anyways, it's gonna be a long read because it's sort of a five set book kinda like a sequel I guess all with interesting book covers so I will blog about them once I finished all five of them (and I promise I will) :)

I hope to have ample time to read because my brain is asking for food as she's afraid of turning sedentary.

Aesthetics.

sorry for the scare, yeah
my hair is THIS long :D
I went to Tony and Jackey (yes, the Korean hair salon) the other day to get my hair rebonded for the nth2 time. I do this every year to keep my long hair straight and shiny. I went to David's salon to compare how much they charge and I was surprised that they charge 50% more compared to Tony?? What a rip off? I mean I've had my hair rebonded at David's MANY times and they don't normally charge this much. I tried Tony and Jackey last year and I was really happy with the result because the rebond effect did not lapse until about the 8th month as oppose to David's which only last for about 6 months and my head feels really heavy after my hair endured the ironing process with David's which is the opposite at T&J's, my hair felt so light and looked naturally shiny after. I just don't get it why David's charge that much. I seriously now prefer Tony and Jackey price wise and quality wise.




posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments:

Post a Comment