I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, January 9, 2015

Androidify

Dodol theme
I am a happy android user since I discovered how customizable Samsung phones are nowadays. Back during my Samsung Star phone days we don't have the Playstore yet where we get to download almost every stuff you need for your android phone as oppose to now.

I used to be an iPhone fan and user and I thought iPhones are good for business people because you couldn't really do much to it than purchase apps from itunes store but no option to download themes for your iPhone's interface. With android, you have so many things to get stoked about like customizable themes both for your mobile interface, lock screen and my favorite themed sms box and changeable fonts for your phone! I am addicted to themes even before the now defunct nokia days. I download themes from third party webbies like Mobile 8, Zedge etcetera.

The good thing about android is that as long as you download stuff from Playstore you need not worry about catching a malware or virus to seep through your phones drive unlike with Nokia back then if you're not going to download an antivirus for your phone then goodluck.

Going back, to all you folks who happen to read this blog if you happen to be fickle minded and love to change things every now and then, then adroid is the phone for you. Well, not just Samsung per se since there are tons of android phones that spawned out there in such a short period of time and for all we know Apple users will be switching like I did. I think Apple should be a little more generous and stop keeping some apps to themselves thus the advent of jailbreaking.

Go Launcher Theme
For newbie android users here are the must haves to start customizing your mobile phones.


Theme Launchers

There are tons of awesome theme launchers for android such as Go Launcher, Apex, Nova, Dodol to name a few. Go Launcher is the raddest interface wise because of the 3D apps and sleek look. I just noticed the lag time whenever you unlock your phone to access other apps plus it sucks your phone's battery no matter how I turn off all the apps running in the background.

So, to make the long story short I went back to my original theme launcher Dodol. I know the name sounds odd but this launcher is efficient and no lag time in accessing your other apps although the themes are not as nice as Go Launcher. But, nevertheless Dodol also has a lot of customizable themes once installed it will give you the flexibility to use one themes icons, wallpapers and what not.

Sample Go Locker Theme

Locker Themes


wide array of themes 
both free/paid to choose from
To simplify it's your phones lock screen that's it. It sounds complicated at first especially if you're the person who always look at the big picture all the time that you get to overlook the simple things like this that if you only read the clue word 'lock' it should've been simple lol. Between Dodol locker and Go Locker I should say the later wins. Go Locker themes are awesome and mostly animated which even more fascinated me. Yes, these stuff are my guilty pleasures. It brings out the kid in me and my endless love for anything digital.


Go SMS

A sample of GO SMS 
theme for your text box.
this theme is not free by the
way, you can only use GetJar
coins of pay for it.
Last but not least my fave Go SMS. Thank God for themed SMS /text box! Iphone bored me hadn't for the emojis and got envious with android users when I found that they have this customizable sms boxes. I just love this app. I always thought there's a solution for boringtext messaging experience. Go SMS is of course free same goes with its relatives Go Launcher, Go Locker and any app with 'Go' on it.


GetJar

This is android's way to con people to download their other apps why? It's cuz whenever you find a really cute but not free Go SMS/Launcher theme could use the points that your gonna earn from downloading these other not so useful apps instead of spending money for it which I used to do because I just recently figured out how this whole GetJar thingy work. It so happened that I was just so squeamish to try out the darn themes geez. Piece of advise? Don't spend a dime for this hobby :D

To wrap this blog up, if IOS is boring you go Android ,cuz I was a happy camper since I switched plus there are lots of affordable yet multimedia android phones anyways right?









posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments:

Post a Comment