I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Beginnings

Back to the world again. I was all gloomy over the holidays because I needed to control my diet to avoid the holiday weight gain and yeah I know how ridiculous it sounds but If I don't, I'll freakin' balloon. It sucks to be Hypothyroid for life geez. I am kind of happy though because I felt I lost weight after drinking nothing but fruit smoothies and crackers during my break time at work, salad in a mason jar for lunch. It's a struggle to ignore my cravings but the result is stunning. No sweets for now, no rice except  (brown or red) and to go easy on bread for as much as possible.

New Year, New Life.
I don't normally believe in new years resolution but I guess it won't hurt to at least set some rules to live by. So what's my new year's resolutions then? First,  to lose weight further the healthy way by exercising (walking instead of taking the cab, eat more veggies and fruits and ditch if not totally eradicate those junk food and sugar. Second, travel cheap as it helps enrich my soul and third, find better job opportunities somewhere to sustain my plans of living healthy and travel (i hope). Living healthy is pricey because of the cost of organic buys out there. Brown rice is not cheap and so as the 'non-fat' products, wheat breads and all.

Moving on, It's time to pay off everything I spent during the holiday season so I'm back to working regular hours and counting how much to shell off for my credit card bills. I love to spend yet it's such a pain to pay them all off but whaddaheck I am a responsible person. To start off the year I bought myself this cute rock cat power bank 5000 mah online to address my phone's battery issues. It's really not my phone but my usage, I am online most of the time thus explains why my phone's battery life won't last long. My new power bank is so rad that it seems to be watching me as it charges haha! Let me just share how it works, the light flickers red once it's almost empty, orange when it's close to being empty whilst green once fully charged. So stoked by my new power bank right now.

I also bought this cute cat coin purse (yes I am a cat person) from the same online seller where I got my power bank from and It helps whenever I miss my cat which I only get to see during my rest days from work. My cat is with my parents 'cuz my sister and live in an apartment somewhat close to work. We both own and care for our cat (handles the vet bills, cat food etc) we just don't want our cat unsupervised whilst we are at work especially now he already lost his tail more than a year ago.
"soul brothers" until he started munching...

Artsy Places.

My sissy and I both love hanging out in artsy and not so crowded places. Those wherein you only get to know by research and blogs from people who have been there. Not to mention we are very particular with what's on the menu given the fact that we already both started living healthy years back the place must serve foods that are delectable and healthy at the same time.

We visited Ili-Likha Artist Village few days back after having read it on blogs that the resto serves healthy foods and the idea spawned from the same people behind Oh My Gulay thus explains the eccentric pieces of art adorning the place. My sister and I had their Chia Tea (yes with chia seeds) and their Ches Cake. It really is called Ches cake by the way as it's a cheese cake. It was good. The tea was not too sweet and same goes with the cheese cake.

We met a feline friend, their resident cat who's been begging us for cheese cake (who says cats don't have sweet tooth e?) I gave her a tiny chunk and told her she can't have no more because it's not healthy both humans and animals as its high on calories. She left after getting bored then came back to play with my backpack's key chains! Some cats are playful while some love to sleep wayyy too much than play.

We named her 'Iluya' from the name of the place 'Ili-Likha' and 'Luya' which is a Tagalog for Ginger and orange tabby cats are called 'Ginger.' We'll try their brown rice meals one of these days or whenever we have the time.








posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments:

Post a Comment