I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Day in a Life

These were my favorite pieces at Bencab Museum. Sorry I
wasn't able to include the names of the artists.
Oh hello world, I have been extremely busy over the past weeks because my sister and I are cooking up a trip to HongKong couple of months from now for our birthday! I just love travelling especially whenever I feel like the world is caving in on me. Geesh. My travel bug is revolting.

A sculpture made by
Leeroy New.
We're almost halfway done actually since we already booked a roundtrip flight, hotel and tour package all arranged through a travel agency. What else did we miss? Pocket money. Yes. We're still working on it to be honest. But then, as this famous adage goes, if there's a will there's a way with a li'l help from someone up there, the omnipotent and the omnipesence, all should be well. All you need is ask and justify to him why you deserve a much needed break.

Time flies and before we knew it we're all packed up and ready to go.

Speaking of time warp, my niece just celebrated her 19th Birthday few days ago and inspite of money constraints and all we still went right ahead and celebrated her birthday through a trip to the museum and some munch time.

These are the 'regulars' 
which is what I call them 
since they've been at Bencab 
long enough.
I remember when my mom is still around, she makes it a point to play a collection of birthday songs whenever it's someone's birthday and make sure it plays full blast to wake whoever is the birthday celebrant in the family (who's sound asleep) as a sort of reminder that every birthday is a blessing. I know that's realy sweet and we miss her ways.

So, we make it a point to always celebrate a family member's birthday no matter what as it is a tradition. Kinda like a family heirloom.

This painting looks so
alive...look at those
eyes...
And because of that, we went to Bencab Museum (and it's been years since we last set foot there) so our niece could take some photos and commune with her artistic side on her special day. Life is simple. A quiet and artsy time every once in a while. Art is life anyways.

Cafe Isabel at Bencab Museum
Afterwards, we headed off to Ozark Diner for some gastronomic experience. It was hard to find quite frankly. An officemate of my sissy recommended the place as it's not crowded as oppose to other restos downtown. It was located in Baguio's outskirts and I think the easiest way is to either bring your own car which we did (stalk a jeep bound to slu-bakakeng), take a cab or jeepney. Wait to alight at the slu jeepney terminal and from there I think you could just walk. To your left find the street sign that says Bareng Drive and just a few walk uphill you'll see this white building with a huge Ozark name on it.

View from the inside of Ozark Diner..
Ozark is really cozy as it is surrounded by pine trees and not situated in a congested area. It's an american resto actually that serves BBQ sandwiches, fries, cakes etc. The good thing is if you're on a 'no pork' diet, you could choose between pork or chicken from whatever dish they have on their menu. So, don't worry 'cuz it seems that they took that into consideration. Their iced tea is the real deal 'cuz it tasted fresh from tea bags which is quite refreshing for a resto nowadays.

BBQ Sandwich-pulled chicken @ Ozark Diner
My twinnie and I had their BBQ sandwich (pulled chicken) served with fries and yes it was a huge serving for small eaters like us plus their best seller called dark beer cheesecake. It was sumptuous and I was really stuffed! Each of us cost around P350 ish which already includes the iced tea and cheesecake along with the gratuity charge which we divided amongst ourselves. Not bad right? I wouldn't care paying that hefty if the food is good and the view outside your window is a stellar. Will I go back? Yes I definitely would 'cuz I still wanna try their other foodie on the menu.

A day well spent. Art and food. Need I say more.



posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments:

Post a Comment