I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Welcome Feb

Oh well the love month is on. Welcome February.

I kinda noticed I only have few blog post last month. Yeah recovering from holiday expenses ain't easy you know. But then, time and again all is supposedly well except my usual burnout drama with my current job. Why do I always intend to leave after two years? I really don't know but I guess the gypsy in me says so. Why can't I stay in one place anymore as in this song by Carole King goes.

Ah. I hate getting bored and not seeing interesting people nor head off to interesting places burns me out. Being stuck and stagnant is killing me. My travel bug is itching to soar somewhere away from here. I can't stand it anymore. I hate my state of being right now.

Moving on, watching the news depresses me especially when I saw the news about the recent clash between MILF (Moro Islamic Liberation Front) and PNP-Special Actions Force wherein 44 SAF died due to lack of coordination between the MILF and SAF amidst the 'peace talks.'

photo courtesy of Twitter
It was said that the SAF men were sent out to hunt down this Malaysian bomb expert who was confirmed to be hiding in Maguindanao. Then all hell broke loose. For all we knew forty four men from PNP's elite force died recklessly. What's even more painful is their untimely demise. It was heart wrenching reading about it through social media channels such as twitter, instagram and facebook thus as a result of this tragedy January 30th was therefore declared as The National Day of Mourning.

These 44 men are heroes. But, I strongly believe that there has been a betrayal because it's never acceptable that there was an error communications wise resulting to such an abrupt death toll on one of the country's elite forces. They weren't just men of service, they were experts on their field. It's like these men were sent out to die on a ground fully blanketed by enemies.

What a waste of life. My heart is broken by these because I know how it feels losing a loved one so suddenly, what more losing them in such a tragic and morbid way? This has got to stop. Violence is not a solution to send out your message to the Government especially if innocent lives is at stake. These 44 fallen men have families too.

I hate wars because I am a peace loving person. War is not beneficial to anyone. It fuels rage thus spawns revenge. It just never ends. Nobody wins in wars technically just losers. Someone dies on neither side of the fence.

My heart goes out to the families of SAF 44.

Thank you for braving the tide. 

The anniversary of the EDSA 1 revolt is fastly approaching (February 25th) I am hoping that we are truly enjoying our democracy and not abuse it through hapless killings.





posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments:

Post a Comment