I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

New Beginnings


heavy traffic jams..blame it on the rain..lol.
I am officially unemployed and I'm currently loving it. I never had all the time in the world except now. I can sleep soundly and not be wary of the time. When you have work, time enslaves you, breathing is your only consolation when you're all stumped. 

I can stay up late now without thinking about enduring another day at work the next morning. A taste of freedom I haven't had for a long period of time. I left my job for three years (and three months) roughly a week ago because I haven't been earning enough to fend for myself and that defeats the purpose of having a job--to be able to fend for myself and afford life's basic necessities. 

I tried to love the north thinking I would settle here for good but I was wrong. I never felt I belong here in this cold city since day one. I longed for the cold during summer but despised the frequent rains thereafter, the damp feeling of the rain in my clothes irked me, the really chilly mornings on my way to work. I'll never get use to the cold and the mist I guess. I've never felt so sad especially during rainy days. The gloomy weather and the melancholy it brings to the soul.

I've never enjoyed a dose of hot taro tea 
& brownies' s'morse since recently 
#worryfreelife
I have no regrets for leaving, my decision was personal though. I spent my whole life down south and built my world around there and the big difference between the weather here up north and the culture is something I'll never get used to. Life here moves in such a slow pace. The days, years and months seemed eternal. I hated getting up in the morning when it's so cold, I would rather spend it in bed, reading a book and sipping hot tea or coffee.

I was only grateful that the move my sissy and I made here up north made our Mom happy, little did we know we're just gonna be spending a couple of years with her out of those four years of settling here. I think It was God's plan, for the family to be together during her last few days here on earth.

Now it's time to go back home. I'm planning to relieve and rebuild my life, save up again to further my passion for travel. I don't want to do anything else but follow my heart, work hard to travel. I learned a lot from this experience, that, time is more precious than gold so don't take it for granted. Above all it's never too late to pick up the pieces again.

So for now, I'll try to savor this moment. I'll just busy myself with my new read by Vina Jackson called "Eighty Days Amber," this book is pretty interesting. I'll write a review once I'm done reading it. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment