I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

There's a sunshine after the rain

 It's been three days since the sun came out again after the two week long heavy rains. The laundry piled up what to expect and I was stuck at home watching movies after movies after movies! It gets scary when the wind blows so strong outside as nature lashes its wrath and you can't do anything but wish for the sun to shine again. The two weeks felt like forever and It made me wonder where in the planet am I that It's raining almost half a year? It was said that our house is where the wind trail is so expect that It's going to rain more often. It feels so gloomy here up north without the sun thus reminded me of this movie I watched long time ago called City of Ember wherein the entire city is only powered by generators because they were built underground, the sun never shine. Imagine the world without warmth, no sun to dry your clothes out, what a despairing thought.

So, I was happy to see the heavens blue again after the nimbus clouds got dismissed when the sun shone out again. The plants are green again and my cat is the happiest as he's able to bask in the sun again. He despised the rain of course. My sister and I even came up with a plan to put a hot bag underneath his makeshift leather bed during those two weeks to keep him warm since an electric blankie is not popular here in the country because we don't have winter while we suit ourselves with warm porridge, rice coffee and even pancake on some days. Moving on, got extremely busy tending on our laundry these past few days since not even a dryer could totally dry our clothes out because again only the sun can make your clothes crisp dry.

monday afternoon pancake, Yumi the
dog is not allowed as it's choc'lit!
I'm currently still enjoying my no work yet stress free life as of right now because I get to do things that I love such as blogging, cooking and above all doing nothing. 

My sister and I watched What Happens in Vegas (for the nth time) last night and this line from Joy McNully (Cameron Diaz but originally from Ashton Kutcher aka Jack Fuller in the movie) got stuck in my head. The line goes like this “I'd rather do nothing and be happy than do something I know I don't love.“ True enough. I just love staying up all night--watch movies, work on household chores, surf the net endlessly and experiment on what food to cook for dinner or breakfast or snack time. Yesterday I made some pancake for me and my sister then come night time sipped some of that Twinning's Apple and Cinnamon Tea.

Simple things in life makes me happy which is kind of ironic since I am an ambitious person. But then, during my quiet moments I often ponder and talk to myself in solitude and ask Am I really happy? I make money working but I was never happy yet here at home even If I don't earn a single dime I can say being worry and stress free makes me happy. Work is a drag and stress 99% of the time is the fastest way to age and get sick. I am not saying that one should stop working and just put everything in God's hands, no it just doesn't work that way in reality. My point is take time to rest when you're tired, quit your job when you're not happy with it anymore, figure things out first before throwing yourself out in the jungle and be part of the work force again. Rest is very vital, mind, body and soul. Don't keep on dragging yourself since we only live once. Travel when you have time, read a book, be inspired again. When your passion for life has wane out, recharge to put things back into perspective.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment