I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Drive

Finally done with my ten hour/two day driving course. What a relief really because five hours a day seemed like ten gruelling hours since I had to squish all information (mental and hands on) in just five hours. Yeah, call it crazy but that's what rush courses are all about.


I seriously forgot everything that I knew about driving the moment I placed my hands on the steering wheel, clueless like I never studied driving in the past at all. I stepped on the accelerator and brake like I'm lost in cyberspace or something even if there was like a couple of hour briefing about the engine, use of gauge, tires etc. I spaced out because I was kind of excited since it's my first time using an automatic car, it felt like driving a bump car. My only concern was, my mind was fixed that I will be driving a small car which was supposedly a Hyundai Accent, all of a sudden it turned out to be a big body pick up car, a Toyota Hilux. For someone who hasn't driven a car for ages it wasn't as easy because it is not 'chicken' to maneuver a humongous car for someone like me with a miniscule frame. I was technically a beginner all over.


Nevertheless, I enjoyed those couple of days because it was a brand new experience for me again and like I always tell myself "learning never stops until your last bugle calls for taps." I like learning new things, it excites me. I think I need more practice, tons of it actually because when you're new to something there's room for so many errors which will hone you to be better.

B.L.O.W.F.A.T.C.H, I think I have to keep this in mind for the rest of my driving life before I hit the road.

B - battery, brake, belt
L - lights, leaks, license
O - oil
W - water, wash, wiper
F - fuse, fuel, filter, fluids
A - accessories
T - tires, tools
C - cleanliness, car registration
H - horns, hose

On the side, I made this egg-less red almond cupcake today with blue frosting (amalgamation of butter and confectioner's sugar ). We actually ran out of eggs at home that's why.

So, in lieu of eggs I used the following:

**1 egg equivalent**

1 and 1/2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
1 and 1/2 Tbsp. Water
1 Tsp. Baking Powder






posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments:

Post a Comment