I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, November 1, 2015

In God's Time

First of, let me welcome the month of November feeling thankful and blessed.

I can say its been a lucky year so far because we sold our house to its now rightful owner before the year come to a close. No one said it would be easy of course 'cuz it took five grueling years before someone finally took notice, was interested and eventually bought it. A lot of changes happened along the way and mostly painstakingly difficult. But then, God listened to our woes and prayers, he granted what we've been yearning for, a move to a new house eventually, to start anew. It was bittersweet but life goes on. Life is a constant change. I thanked my dearly departed Mom of course because this wouldn't have happened without her guidance, and above all, God, he made all things possible. As an adage goes “Patience comes to those who wait” and things will eventually fall into place at the right time or the most apt thing to say is in God's perfect time.

my ever reliable drilling equipment
Moving on, I got so busy decorating the house and all, bought new fixtures etc, etc. My sissies and I found this furniture shop that sells really affordable fixtures. Buying furniture is such a good de-stressing activity. I just love beautifying our new house. I actually love decorating because it brings out the creativity in me and when you have tons of ideas there's no stopping! I was so squeamish to hang our decors on the wall so we bought this impact drilling equipment at the nearest handyman store. At first, it was kind of difficult to wrap my head around the thought of operating that darn drilling equipment but after reading through the not so comprehensive instruction manual, I was able to successfully drill over fifteen holes (mostly by trial and error) which now holds roughly that many wall decors, mirrors, a wall clock, and the most difficult of them all, a towel holder. Drilling on really thick tiled bathroom walls is such a pain. It wasn't as easy as I thought. Nevertheless, I now seriously enjoy drilling the walls no matter how heavy the drilling equipment is after seeing the finished products. The effort and exhaustion is just all worth it. Who says drilling is a man's job? I don't think so. All you have to have is patience for it, an eye shield for the cement particles, an apron with pocket for screws/hooks and a surgical mask so you won't inhale the dust. Last but not least, clean up your own mess if you don't wanna get scolded!

he's better off asleep actually because
he does a lot of crazy things awake :D
I love our new home, it's peaceful and just minutes away from the central district. Let me also share that my cat now sleeps in my room more often because I think he's still scared to get lost in the woods nearby so he'd rather be a homebody kitty. I can't wait to venture into working from home as well because I already got tired of working in the confides of the office and endure the ever worsening traffic jams. I want to have time for lot of other things right now, especially travelling, blogging, baking, and my list goes on.

I'm off to visit my Mom's Columbarium tomorrow. I miss her and I wanna talk to her in silence, bring her flowers. Just early today, I heard the door bell rang twice and there's no one outside. I can't say it's grounded because I fixed our door bell myself and it's working perfectly. I guess she's just paying our new home a visit, trying to test the door bell perhaps since I always have doubts that I indeed fixed it LOL. Well, it's the 1st of November what to expect? A lot of wandering souls yonder. Let's just offer them prayers. Nothing to be scared of. I am more scared of Burglars than ghosts. Just saying.

It's 54 days to go before Christmas. Have you decorated your Christmas tree yet? I did. My cat hasn't played with a single Christmas balls yet, I am crossing my fingers.



0 comments:

Post a Comment