I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Mus-kels

Been enduring a quite severe neck pain for almost a week now which made me scurry to my endocrinologist a couple of days ago thinking it is related to my being hypothyroid. If you haven't read my previous blogs, welcome. But if you have been reading thanks!

broken mirror? design them. we opted
for a wooden theme to remedy the crack.
I often associate my muscle pains to my hypothyroidism because there's no other culprit 80% of the time. When I was still hyperthyroid my muscles were so weak, when I turned hypothyroid my muscles are so stiff most of the time and if I stop taking hormone replacement drug I will feel excruciating muscle pains definitely. I have been doing a lot of lifting and drilling since we moved to our new home and a week after, that's when my neck pain kicked in. I know the difference between a normal muscle spasm over something chronic and this time around the pain won't subside for days. I took Alaxan FR, both warm and cold compress, even took use of this muscle relaxant ointment my Ortho prescribed years ago.The ointment partially relieved the pain but the discomfort continued on so I decided to go ahead and have my thyroid checked. My last check up with my endoc was March this year prior to me leaving for Hong Kong and I was told that my TSH level was ok. I was supposed to come back last month but got too busy so I failed to show up and just decided to have another check up after my prolonged neck pain. I know, I know, always go back when you're told by you're doctor to do so for your own peace of mind. So, I attributed my muscle pains to my thyroid and decided to have my blood tested again (TSH, FT4 level). I went back the next day for the result and thank God the pain is not in any way related to my thyroid. It was ruled out since my TSH level (my endoc said hormone level connecting the brain and heart) is fine, not normal though because you're never normal after RAI. I was told that I wasn't hypothyroid which means that my neck pain was due to my heavy lifting or drilling. That, the lifting might've already damaged my muscles and the constant physical activities aggravated it. Problem solved. I was advised to go for a massage and continue taking my Levothyroxine.

my new read...
latest project: Black and White photo
wall. Yes, I drilled all the wall hangers.
Six more photos to go..still far from
 completion.
I'll be resting for the time being and avoid any lifting. I also had a neck massage this afternoon and hopefully I'll be back on track in a few days. I hate not to hover. My sisters and I still got a project to finish which is our Black and White Photography Wall, an idea we got from Pinterest. Well, most of our projects here at home came from Pinterest. It's like the Instagram for DIY home ideas.

What else? I'm back to reading. I am currently reading Claire Zorn's The Sky So Heavy. It is interesting actually. I thought it was boring at first but never judge an e-book just by it's first few pages. It's about nuclear testing gone bad in Australia which resulted to extreme temperature drop. Imagine snow in Australia? I'll share it with you guys once finished. I haven't finished reading Vina Jackson's Eighty Days Amber because I've gotten tired reading all the sexual content and I want something that would make me travel some place else since I miss travelling all the time.


0 comments:

Post a Comment