I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Keep Going

Brandon is finally able to walk again and we were all surprised to know after I came home from my Ortho last Monday due to my aching stiff neck. We anticipated his recovery might take longer than usual as it is with dogs on renal failure. It was just his 5th day after he was released from the vet clinic. We religiously made him take his medications and thank God he responded quite well. It was a miracle actually and I don't know if Brandon is aware that my Dad will be home to see how he's doing. Brandon is my Dad's dog and because he's been busy, my sisters and I do all the taking care of things for Brandon. We're hoping that Brandon will be back in shape real soon and somehow we'll be able to at least prolong his life for the time being. We're praying if we could max it out to twelve years which is the longest life span for German Shepherds.

2 Tbsp. for a glass of water  
His stance is not as sturdy so we still keep him at his makeshift confinement room at home until he's really better. Brandon's been eating well although still finicky at times, not drinking much water though so we have to make him drink this water soluble powdered glucose (in lieu of his dextrose) using a syringe every after his meals. We still keep track of his medicine intake, how many times he drank water, stool, urine time etc. My Dad was happy to see him able to walk again because his spirit might've dampened when we told him that Brandon has been very weak (that wast last week though). At least we set his expectations just in case because you'll never know with senior dogs like ours. Nevertheless, we're still hoping for the best.

Going back to my neck, my Ortho said my neck pain is not really alarming. He just asked how high is my bed, pillows etc. I told him of course I had this drilling project at home which might've caused the stiff neck. I told him about the muscle relaxant meds that I took and how they temporarily relieved the pain yadda yadda. In the end he prescribed Arcoxia 90mg (Etoricoxib) which I think is quite good. Today's the 3rd day since I took Arcoxia and I think the aching stiff neck is gradually decreasing. My Ortho said he'll figure something else if it will not heal after a week, I hope not. I really hate hospitals and clinics because they sound like a cashier's till to me (ting! ting!) every time I go there.


0 comments:

Post a Comment