I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Acintya

I’ve always loved Indian music even if I can’t understand a thing I guess it’s ‘cuz music is universal. Music is like love, it is expressed in so many ways more than words can say. I specifically love those Indian instrumental music usually used in practising Yoga not knowing what they’re called, they just have that beautiful eastern vibe. I never got the chance to learn about Indian music until now. I recently searched online for Yoga Music and I found out that they’re actually called ‘Hindustrani’ which is a North Indian classical music. I kind of noticed that even my cat loves Hindustrani music, and, he seemed to be in a trance every time I play one. I thought, there might be some sort of soothing airwaves emanating from such music. 

My spanking new passport; now with the stripeys
and new font. In the background, my also new
 rose cactus..
Anyways, I stumbled upon this 90 minute Hindustrani audio track over Soundcloud called The Seeds of Awakening in search for Hindustrani music. I have collated quite a few tracks and created my own playlist containing only nothing but Yoga/Hindustrani music. I thought world music is one of the most brilliant genres I’ve enjoyed in my lifetime little did I know there’s so much more eccentric tunes out there. 

Moving on, I bought another rose cactus for my little terrarium because the other one withered and died so I made sure to layer my terrarium correctly this time; stones, moss, activated charcoal and potting soil. I’ll keep an eye on it from now on. 

Ok, I finally got my new passport yey! So where to next? The answer is, I don’t really know. This might be the first time I’m gonna be travelling unprepared. Nevertheless, I’m still hoping I could travel because I’ll be bringing my Hindustrani music with me as I go :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment