I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

DIY 'Em Catcher

My very own DIY Dream Catcher :)
I'm thinking of other products to add to my shop so I figured, why not a dream catcher since I am so fond of them? What would make my very own dream catcher unique is that I would be using jute twines instead of other strings normally used in making dream catchers for a change. 

mason jar photo holder
So, I worked on my DIY dream catcher project this morning since I don't have work today. I seek help from my friends: YouTube & Pinterest and it turned out pretty well thank God! It wasn't that easy to make through because of all the twirling just to cover the entire hoop/ring which made me quite dizzy. I used handy materials I found inside the house such as my ever reliable jute twines, some sea shells for crafting, beads from unused bracelets, glue gun, marble stone, steel galvanized wire for the hoop or ring and of course the classic feathers which according to folklore is where the good dreams flow. It took me less than an hour to finish whilst watching the telly and muti-task pretty much. The concept for my dream catcher was on the spot though since I just utilized whatever materials I have at home.

DIY wifi password frame
Let me also share my 'wifi password frame' project (I made few days back) which is useful whenever visitors come by. I recycled this old wall decor and covered it up with burlap. I also downloaded this wifi password printable I found online, added a flower from my craft materials, a robot pendant, a small clothespin which I covered with Washi tape then finished it off with hot glue and there you go, my DIY wifi password frame.

Last but not least, my diy mason jar photo holder which I filled with canola oil, fresh flower (you may use any colorful flower, a twig etc.). The only work I did on this project was the lid because I covered the whole lid with jute twine and ornate it with a burlap flower I also made from scratch.


0 comments:

Post a Comment