I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Zero Waste

my multi-purpose holders from tin cans. 
I love tin cans because there are tons of ways to re-use them. I think I may have upcycled less than ten dog or cat food tin cans to date and I turned them all into multi-purpose holders for pens, school supplies, colored pencils, craft materials etc. I just don’t feel like throwing them away because you can’t burn them anyways since they are non-biodegradable. Burning your trash especially plastics depletes the ozone layer.  I think recycling/upcycling is a sustainable way to make use of our limited resources. If you send an aluminum tin can to the rubbish bin it goes straight to landfills where they bury them and for sure one day we will run out of land to dispose off our trash. Why throw them away if you can re-use them?

Presenting my DIY make up brushes holder.

Before and After :)
Materials:
  • aluminum tin can 
  • decorative Paper - I often download a pattern from the internet then paste it to a Word document, print it out and cut it. Another alternative, any gift wrapper of your choice or whatever paper you want to use just to cover the entire tin can. 
  • hot glue/regular glue/double sided tape (whichever works for you)
  • ribbon or lace (optional) 
  • beads (optional)





0 comments:

Post a Comment