I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year Ramblings

Happy Year of the Fire Rooster! I promised myself to blog, travel more this year and work less lol. I have been pretty tied up lately not because I was busy with the holiday season but it’s cuz I had to work on a Christmas day and so as last night, New Year’s eve. I know, I know, it sucks to be me. It’s actually the first in three years that I, inauspiciously had to spend two of the most important time of the year at work which eventually left me lamenting over it, the downside of working for the BPO industry. Does holiday even exist? Please tell me more about. 

Rants..
I hate to start the year with ample remorse and I promised myself this year to hopefully retire from the BPO industry because I want to live a normal life, sleep at night and most importantly spend the holidays with my family, I don’t wanna be the odd one out anymore. This industry eventually enslaves people and rob them out of their precious time with their loved ones. They boast about the bigger pay, yeah only because you have to give up a lot of things because they require your undivided time as if you’re no longer a human being who deserves to rest and spend time with everyone who matters to you. I don’t want to rant but the sleepless nights because you have to work, the countless hours of overtime and insurmountable stress, it’s just not worth it. 

Wanderlust...
Moving on, my always long term goal is to be able to save up and travel, always to travel, to work to fund my trips because this gives me joy and washes out my exhaustion brought about by work and urban living. I still haven’t decided though where to head off this year, maybe Bagan, Myanmar or Chiang Mai, Thailand? Who knows. 

Books, More books...
Late for the Noche Buena, opened
my presents alone and cold food
waiting for me when I came home. 
I want to collect and read more books this year. My sister had to ask for Lang Leav’s “Lulabbies” (for book collection purposes) this Christmas during their office ‘exchange gift’ thing (no matter how I think that the whole ‘monito monita’ thing just doesn’t make sense because you're compelled to ask something from someone who happened to pick your name written on a piece of paper, shuffled and shoved in a fish bowl or box and let them buy it for you. I mean, why not just buy it yourself to save other people from exerting effort in wrapping them yet you knew from the very beginning it is what you asked for in the first place right? That’s just really ridiculous but yeah, for the spirit  of Christmas lol). 

Ok, I should stop with my ramblings now, I still had a prosperous NYE nevertheless. It’s time to de-clutter, out with the old, on with the new. Again, Have a Happy & Bountiful New Year y’all! I’m hoping this year would be better than the last like I always say.




0 comments:

Post a Comment