I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

New year, New Beginning.

To start my year I decided to declutter my make-up corner and discarded quite a few stuff which I won’t be needing anymore (old and consumed blush palettes etc), created a new DIY project and got some new lippies. 

My sister gifted me this Colourpop nude liquid lippie called Ultra Satin Lip in Echo Park/Just Peachy because I asked for it during our exchange gift just for kicks. I’ve never owned any Colourpop before because I am a Nyx matte lippie fan because I find Colourpop kinda heavy compared to Nyx matte lip creams, very lightweight for my makeup pouch which I always carry with me. I know there’s tons of counterfeit CP lippies out in the market today but, knowing my sister, she’s not a fan of fake cosmetics so the one she bought me was 100% authentic from this online shop which sells all original make up brands. How to spot Colourpop counterfeit versus authentic? Easy actually. Counterfeit Colourpop lippies are mostly sold without the box and they’re pretty lighter than the original ones plus they smell good, all counterfeits smells effin good mind you whilst the real one doesn’t have a scent actually and glides on smoothly not that I’m saying the counterfeits don’t because they’re also too good to be true except they flake easily and feels heavy on the lips. 

swatch it baybeh!
my DIY hanging shelves & oh I'm
using those 1$ hats my sissy and I bought
at the Bai Dinh province in Vietnam 
as wall ornament :)
Moving on, another one of my sissies gave me her brand new Maybelline ColorShow Creamy Matte Lipcolor in Mysterious Mocha simply because she’s not a fan of nude lip colors so who am I to refuse right? I love it really because of the berry scent and I’m telling you it smell so friggin good!  I’m not a fan of non liquid lip sticks any more but this one is a must try. I love scented lippies actually, sort of a guilty pleasure lol. I’m looking forward to buying another one when I have totally consumed it. Oh btw, I also found that Maybelline lippies now have their counterfeit versions which made me sad because they’re not as expensive as oppose to other make up brands and an original Maybelline lippie is sold for less than 300php I think so why settle for counterfeit? Alright, nuff of make up talk.

another DIY hanging shelf for my
make up corner
Ok,  I have been pretty problematic with bedroom space because my room is little cramped up to store a lot of things aside from it doesn’t have any built in cabinets nor book shelves! So, I came up with a temporary and cheap alternative/solution to address space issue by making one of those DIY hanging shelves to hold some of my books and old stuff toys. Others have their own version of hanging shelves but I also have mine which involves couple of cheap plastic trays for less than 70php a piece, my favorite jute twines and four adhesive hooks which just cost me less than 25php each.

Drilling the walls can be pretty destructive because it’s gonna be for good unlike those adhesive hooks, you have the option to remove them if there’s a need to do so, no permanent harm done except those gunky stuff that’ll remain afterwards which are easy to remove anyways. I’m not in the mood anymore to drill holes in the wall because IT IS exhausting and concrete walls can be very difficult to drill plus the harm and pressure it’ll do to your hearing can be dangerous.

Suman ala Mode, sticky rice with
Mocha flavoured ice cream
I was pretty happy with the outcome although I did not put heavy books on it, remember, they are just adhesive hooks. I did the same with my make up corner although it eventually dropped on its own last night due to the moist from the wall since I live in a cold place. For now it’ll be just temporary as well because I’m still thinking of buying those real vanity table or what we call “tokador” (vanity table) in Tagalog because the one I currently have is just a makeshift one as it is used mostly as my bedside table. My bedroom though is in dire need of sturdy shelves! I have to save up for one I guess lol. Although If I only have one of those fruit crates I surely could come up with my very own shelves eh? I have tons of DIY stuff in store for this year and I wanna be more inventive than last year.  Hmm.. I guess it's time for some Suman ala Mode (sticky rice with ice cream). This is a lovely treat.


0 comments:

Post a Comment