I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Rainbow Bridge


Hello 2019. 

I know it’s been a long while since my last blog post and a lot of things have happened during my 2-3 month hiatus including a couple of super moons (Super Blood Wolf Moon/eclipse last January 22 and the most recent Super Snow Moon which just occurred last February 19) plus we’re awaiting another sky show this coming March 20 which would be the Equinox which sounds like an OST in one of the Twilight sequels  "Meet Me On The Equinox" by Death Cab For Cutie. I mean what’s up with all these full moons right?



What made me sad, sad, sad….

photo courtesy of m00nchildr0cks
My absence is also due to the recent passing of two of our senior family dogs one age 15 and another age 10, a mother and daughter tandem. Fiona, 15yo (105 dog years), ceased eating one day then a few days later died despite our strong resolve and efforts to keep her alive. We were devastated although we saw it coming considering her old age although it was still heart wrenching to admit because she’s been with us for a long time. She even outlived our younger yet another senior dog Brandon, a German Shepherd who passed away 4 years ago at age 10 (70 in dog years). I hate getting too attached but how can you help it when you’re used to seeing a pet for the longest period of time and all of a sudden you don’t see them anymore? I still look at the same spot where she hangs around very often and sometimes miscalculates the number of food bins you have to prepare come meal time. I was just saddened by the fact that her demise was so sudden that’s all. I was still trying to wrap my head around her sudden passing because I was hoping she would live a few more years then came another blow, her daughter Krissy, a 10-year-old Aspin died nine days later. I was agape when my sister found her dying on the stairs leading to the garage, she was already catatonic with very dull eyes,  spewed blood and in just split second she’s gone giving us no time to even think straight. We suspected Distemper, a highly contagious disease on dogs (CDV) and once it afflicts a dog the chance of survival is very, very slim. I saw the same symptoms because one of our small dogs before died from CDV roughly 7 years ago. We took Jack to the vet to have him tested and the results came back CDV positive and we were given no choice but to have him put down, we refused of course but he died later that same night. The thing was, we did not see any obvious symptoms with Krissy except the loss of appetite which is not very unusual with some dogs. There are instances when they just have poor appetite one day and regains it back the next day. I was heartbroken twice because we just lost two members in the pack and pets are family too, we even took all of our all our five pets, 4 dogs and a cat when we moved to our new house and it’s only been 4 years since. 

As an end note, make sure all your dogs have proper vaccinations against deadly viruses especially CDV or better yet a 5-in-1 shot ( a 5-way vaccine against adenovirus, cough, and hepatitis, distemper, parainfluenza, and parvovirus) while they are young to protect them because you’ll never know. Always bear in mind as they get older, they are becoming more and more susceptible to illnesses because like us, the older they get the weaker their immune system becomes. I have never been so sad in my life again since my Mother passed away six years ago and I know it’s gonna take a while to get used to missing the ones we spent most of our lives with. It’s a sad beginning of the year though. The lament is here no matter how much I want to see light at the end of the tunnel. Life goes on I know it’s just that how can anyone be emotionally prepared in losing the ones they love ever right? 😢


0 comments:

Post a Comment