I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, August 1, 2014

ios vs. android

Hey welcome August!

For a start this is my first blog entry for this month wee!

Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo
I've finally bid my iphone 4s adieu few days ago after having used it for roughly seven months. I am an avid iphone user and yes i was satisfied even if wifi quit working after a month of purchase from this local online shop. My iphone came with an upgraded IOS7 and yes i was excited at first because of how the interface looked compared to the old ios there's something to be excited about. I was just totally turned off after my wifi malfunctioned regardless of how awesome the front and back camera is and how easy it is to purchase and install apps.

Anyways, moving on, i am switching to android for a change! I now have this Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo which is quad core with 8gb internal memory and expandable external memory (up to 32gb). I wasn't happy at first because i got sort of dizzy navigating through it and all that because of how big of a difference from what i have gotten used to. But then, the more I use it the more I became familiar with it and realized that android phones is quite easier to use compared to iphone's complexity. I had a hard time though understanding how to make the themes work because iphones don't have themes. Through self help i learned that you have to install a theme launcher like go launcher and the like from playstore where you can house your downloaded themes from. The user guide/manual wasn't very useful because it was so tiny and nothing much on it but instructions to install the battery and how to power on/off the handset. Go launcher was kind of buggy so I went for Dodol launcher instead as it's more user friendly. I was worried at first where to put my loads of ebooks because samsung handsets require external memory card and it's not included during point of sale. As a work around I decided to install Samsung Kies on my laptop (it's like pc suite for the now defunct nokia) to allow me to copy and paste my folders like music and ebooks from my pc to my samsung phone. It worked wonders for me because 8gb is not so bad so I guess an external mc is now optional as it's kind of pricey.

So far so good. I am currently enjoying my grand neo despite the vga front camera/8megapix back camera; the huge screen is something i still have to get used to. Oh by the way if you'll be out finding cases for this phone just simply look for any samsung galaxy grand cases and as long as it says I-9060 or quite similar it should fit although it's still best to fit it first before you leave the shop to avoid further hassles ;)

posted from Bloggeroid




0 comments:

Post a Comment