I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Fresh start

My sissy and I finally bid our eight year old laptop goodbye due to hardware failure and possible virus that might've seeped through after we stopped downloading antivirus to our poor lappy. 

We also noticed the LCD streaks and blots a year ago but it was still useful until recently it just turned to white screen and wouldn't respond anymore. Heartbreaking because we took her to our travel abroad and she had this big time sentimental value to the two of us but whaddaheck nothing last for long due to wear and tear :(

To make the long story short we were compelled to purchase a new one as there are still tons of websites not compatible on ios or android platforms.

We bought this Lenovo G40 laptop and we were surprised how cheap laptops are nowadays compared to before. Well yeah it's been eight years so I guess they can no longer compete with tablets and smartphones thus laptop manufacturers might've turned them competitive enough specs and price wise. It was OS ready and loaded with Windows 8.

I find win 8 kind of complex maybe cuz we were win XP users and weren't able to experience win 7 and vista. But then, it's a matter of getting used to so I guess if I have been adaptive to using tablets and android phone from IOS, why not win 8? I'm just kind of surprised that win 8 now call simple programs as Apps. Time flies and technology evolves faster than I expected.

posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments:

Post a Comment