I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

so on and so forth

I don't really have a knack for losing things BUT I lost my Belkin™ clear case as I alight from this jeepney one fateful day. It just accidentally snapped off from my iPod. I felt somehow connected to it that I even attempted to look for it but as much as I hate leaving it behind, when you're in a rush, there's no time for regret (like a line from a song entitled 'Disappear' by The Gabe Dixon Band).

Anyways, going back, as soon as I got home I have no choice but order myself another one from eBay and this time It will fully cover my iPod. So, I purchased this another Belkin™ leather case not knowing I got the same brand again because I focused on how fully clothed my iPod would be afterwards. And dyaraaan! just after a couple of weeks or so I got It today. They sent me this registry notice that I have to claim the item from our local post office. The sad part was the customs fee increased and I was charged 100php while it used to be 50php?? Whew, money flies like time. In just a few months customs fee raked up fifty percent?? Truly not good except I was happy with the item never mind the disappointment. I love it 'cuz my iPod felt scratch and dust free now.


Moving on, my sissy and I took our dog Yumi to the vet due to her constant ear scratching and canine halitosis. I got my SSS sickness reimbursement few weeks back due too my operation two month's ago (and yes I endured the no pay as a result of my LOA whilst waiting for the reimbursement) thus I decided to use it for a reasonable cause which is to cover our dog Yumi's vet expenses. I knew from the very beginning that a trip to the vet is always gonna cost a fortune BUT I just can't afford seeing the poor fella cry in discomfort due to her very itchy ears and terrible breath.

We headed off to the vet this morning and told them about her dilemma with her ears and bad breath. I did some research yesterday and found that she might be suffering from ear mites which is common on dogs and may need immediate vet attention because it will get worse eventually over time as it is a form of parasite. I also read that a sample would be taken from the dog's ear and whatever there is can only be seen via a microscope of course, which is what the vet did as expected. Those darn earmites looked horrific honestly. I mean, how could an organism like that cause so much trouble yet so little? Damn i said to myself. 

Ok, they cleaned Yumi's ears despite her hesitation and whimper. Yumi was really strong for her miniscule body surprisingly because three people held her during the process. A small yet compact dawg! They thoroughly cleaned her ears until no residue is left then applied this gel like ear drop called Earmicide afterwards. The best part was, it cost a hefty almost a grand bill total for a few minute ear work whoa!

But, never the less, I was happy inspite of the expensive cost because Yumi's troubled ears is gonna be a history soon. We bought Earmicide and this small muzzle for her because she hates it every time someone takes a peek at her ears so no choice but purchase a muzzle for as much as we don't want to but what the heck she bites. Earmicide cost 370php whilst the vet fee was 520php. 

Before we head off to the pet shop at the nearby mall to buy Yumi's muzzle, we inquired about her halitosis and yes she also has tartar on her teeth so we asked for an estimate from the vet and we were told it would be 1,500php for the dental procedure plus 350php to sedate her because it's impossible to perform the process without sedating the dog. We were advised to prepare 2k plus for the whole thing which I have already prepared for ahead of time. It's always good to be prepared to avoid bill shock unless you're Paris Hilton or something.

As soon as we got her a muzzle I told my sissy to inquire at the mall's vet clinic to check on how much dog grooming would cost (cuz it might be cheaper than the other vet clinic we just came from) and later on found it'd be 550php. I decided to go right ahead and have her groomed at the same time to save us gas and do all the doggie chores at once. We left her for an hour and a half whilst I drop by at the post office to pick up my parcel from eBay then we came back to pick her up. She looked a li'l tired but happy that she even slept on my lap whilst at the car on our way home due to weariness perhaps. As soon as we got home she seemed happy not scratching her ears anymore and rolled over many times as if feeling much lighter after her hair or should I say fur cut. Our cat Atari seemed sooo curious that he marveled at Yumi many times.

To sum it all up, being a responsible pet owner is nevah cheap so lesson learned-- make it a habit to periodically take them to the vet to avoid the worse and much higher vet bills although it WILL never get any cheaper trust me.




posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments:

Post a Comment