I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Procastinating

I don't like gossips simply because I hate meddling with other people's business. But, for the most part, it is quite entertaining knowing how a simple story could go full blown. Gossip mongers are everywhere even in the confides of airconditioned offices.

I have been in the bpo industry almost all my life and perhaps will not consider any other jobs out there NOT because money is easy here nor it's a no brainer job. Believe me it's not. If you can't keep up you'll end up quitting prematurely or get traumatized as life here is fast paced.

Going back, in this industry I grew up to, I've met people from all walks of life. But then, regardless of the companies I've hopped to, they all have this common culture going on--gossips, scandalous extramarital affairs and people surprisingly earning big money yet wallowing with debt. People love to splurge in this business because they can afford it. For some they spend their hours in the office (aside from working) finding other 'preoccupations.' Extra marital affairs is so common in this industry, well in each and every industry nowadays I guess.

Employees who are married, once reached the office, tends to hook up with someone in close proximity disregarding adultery is a crime. I don't get it. I've heard a lot about scandalous affairs in this business. Cat fights and confrontations between the legal, common law wife and mistresses. For some, the ending is crime of passion.

I mean, I may not completely understand why people find challenge in complications. For me, challenge shouldn't be self destructive like becoming a home wrecker or what have you because I think that's selfish hooking up with someone married yet you know but will still desperately elude the consequences. I guess my set of values has a strong foundation. The adult world shouldn't be this complex. There's just too much bad in this world already and you don't have to be a catalyst for change but at least make the world a better place in your own little way.

This is the reason why I am not a social being because of superficial things like gossips. The more you know, the more you lose your respect for some people and It somehow affects how you  see them whether the rumor about them has veracity or not. Human nature, our judgement is pre-empted by certain factors in our environment.

Figuratively speaking, I compare gossips to a cloud of smoke. Second hand smoke can be as cancerous to those who are not first hand smokers. Gossip is a form of pollution.

Well, what can I say? Go to church, say a prayer to dust off the bad vibes.

Dear God, I just want a drama-free workplace (Fleetwood Mac playing in the background). 



  

0 comments:

Post a Comment