I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, March 6, 2015

health is wealth

I hate gaining weight although I am aware that this is just one of the adverse effects of my RAI (radioactive iodine) treatment. It's been a year but up until now my weight goes on and off the scale. I gain weight one day and lose the next. I am really quite confused with which diet to follow, would it be high on fiber due to my gall bladder operation or high on iodine because of my thyroid ablation??

I did some research and learned that I could actually infuse the two. High on fiber is good because when I had my GB removed my stomach needs fiber to aid in digestion and high on iodine to help my bodily functions because of my now under active thyroid.


Tuna Omelet; A slice of Wheat Bread; 
Strawberries; Yoghurt Drink
    I also found that high iodine foods such as tuna or any other fish/seafood is good for me due to their omega content, omega is good for the heart. Other foods such as eggs, fruits like strawberries, prunes, yogurt are also good sources of iodine thus I should take more of these to address my hypothyroidism, they prevent fat storage in the body. I realized I may not be eating the right kind of food for my condition that's why I feel so easily tired even with very minimal physical activity.

    So, to start off I did some high on iodine food shopping today and here's what I came up with (see left photo from my instagram account).




    I promised myself that I will cut down on coffee for as much as I could If not totally eradicate it. I wish I may.

    Eating Habits whilst at work:
    • power juice in the morning.
    • Salad on mason jar for lunch.
    • Crackers for snack.

    Oh btw, my sissy and I got our mason jar cozies. I know they look cute but it took sooooo long to make. Sad 'cuz It took a month to finish thus my excitement towards it already subsided. I realized I shouldn't order any more of these made to order stuff as it takes so much time waiting for them to finish and reach your doorstep. Geez.


    Current Read:

    Jodi Picoult's 'The Story Teller'

    I will blog about it once done as usual. This is how I keep my brain active through writing and recollection of things such as what I read or what kept me busy lately.


    posted from Bloggeroid



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment