I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, March 16, 2015

Time and Again

I have been losing track of time. I guess due to my fascination with movies about time. It's been almost a week since my last blog post. I know.

Ok then, I was just extremely busy I guess with tons of things. I can't even continue on reading this new book I started reading a month ago. I am a bookworm but I also have a life apart from books. Sucks. My brain is so yearning for food and no I don't mean that literally otherwise I should've eaten peanuts which is good for the brain but not good good for my health.

Let me just share that it's been five days since I stopped eating foods rich in carbs and it has done me good so far to the point that I no longer crave for food. I don't know but I think eating foods that's high on carbs compels your body to consume more until it's too difficult to burn those extra weight you put on. So, I now suit myself with foods high in protein and iodine and this made me less sleepy and less hungry.

I also thought about being strictly on a gluten free diet which may not be easy because gluten free foods are kinda rare in supermarkets where I am based. But then, I will still try nevertheless.

Going back, watched few flicks about time recently and yes I've watched them more than once but I still enjoy watching these movies no matter how boring they. Yeah boring but they made sense and kind of not your average time warp/travel movies.


Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

The movie title alone is kinda catchy and genius. I mean wow what a beautiful way to put words together right?

Anyways, movie was top billed by Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet. Joel Barish met Clementine at a train bound somewhere I forgot. Clementine, a blue haired girl started up a conversation with Joel who happened to be an emotionally withdrawn person. Amidst Joel's lack of interest the two hit it off. Valentine's day came, Joel bought a gift for Clementine and went to her workplace to give her the gift just to be ignored by the later as if she never knew him at all.

Joel learned that Clementine went to Lacuna, a company that deals with patients who wants their memory erased because she wanted her memories with Joel erased. Joel did the same despite his struggles in keeping some of his good memories with Clementine retained. The whole memory erasing thingy because successful anyways. In the end, Joel still tried to start a fresh relationship with Clementine despite being strangers to each other due to the procedure.

I don't get. Why attempt to relieve something that's been erased from your memory? What's the point of erasing your memory if you will still come back to where you were before. It's just pointless. But, since the movie is fictional, I think erasing of one's memory is a good way to fix an impaired quality of life. I mean, let's face it, at one point in our lives there are things that we don't want to go back to and if ever given a chance you just wish they never happened right? I think this sort of procedure is a way to alleviate someone from pain especially if what happened in the past seems to hold you back. This flick is just so poignant. It was good story wise and I got the vibe that this movie is not mainstream. It' s cool though.



About Time (2013)


This is an all British cast except for Rachel Mc Adams.

Tim grew up with a small family, his parents, a forgetful uncle and free spirited sister KitKat. They have a boring house by the sea err I mean huge house by the sea where they often have tea time during the afternoon. Tim loves to play ping-pong with his dear dad.

On his 21st birthday Tim's father told him about a secret which applies to all male in his Dad's family, the ability to travel time once hit the age of 21.

Tim used this ability to change the future but found once done it eventually results to conflict in his present life. He met Mary, an american lady works for a publishing company. They got married, had two kids kids and eventually fell in love for real.

Tim realized that there are things in life that you can't change anymore because they are bound to happen like the accident of her sister (she survived though) and his Dad's death due to cancer.

I liked this flick except the sweeping sadness. Given a chance I don't think I'd take advantage of having a gift like Tim's because if you undone things you lose life's important lessons which is to learn from your mistakes. I guess I'm just the kind of person who believes that life is a series of moving on and past should dwell in the past, kept in a suitcase in your brain.
posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments:

Post a Comment