I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, April 20, 2015

Travel Bug

My feet are itching to go on vacation, to the point that I don't want to go to work anymore and just be busy packing my bags up. But then, time and again, the sole reason why I work is so that I get to travel at least once a year, two weeks..just for two weeks at least. So, I resist my raging urge to be absent for work because I know I'll be busy paying up the expenses I've put up for this trip.

It wasn't easy really. Saving up even last minute has been really impossible So, my sister and I suit ourselves with whichever way we could to raise money for our travel last minute (even thought about pawning my sister's DSLR cam which I dismissed later on). My oh my, it was such an ordeal. I learned one very important lesson from this upcoming trip of ours, don't rely on last minute chances. It is always a MUST to save whatever you can keep a year before your trip to save you from all the hassles—pocket money first before you set up all your itineraries because It all boils down to one thing, not all countries operates on a cashless basis.

We booked our flight without considering the 'what ifs' then arranged our tour with the travel agency afterwards. That's where the dilemma started. Time too short to raise the funds we will be needing for the trip and payday is not until the day of our flight (yes, early morning flight) and  we're both not willing to put our good money to waste (airfare and all). Nevertheless, all still went well with the help of our divine providence. We fervently and ardently asked help from dearly departed mother to make things work out as planned and so far it eventually did.

Four days and we're off to our next destination. I came in touch with reality to always pray no matter how desperate the situation is because there's always big and small miracles in this universe even in the most hopeless circumstances.



0 comments:

Post a Comment