I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Living & Stuff

So, what did I miss? The US election, Super moon, Manny Pacquiao’s feat over Jessie Vargas and the media black out after swarm of people protested against the Dakota Access Pipeline. 

I haven’t written anything in a while because I was so busy waiting for my eBay parcels lol. Since Christmas is in the air I wouldn’t be shopping on eBay until next year because busy season could lead to tons of delayed international parcels, well not just eBay but all other online marketplace per se and I don’t want to subject myself to stress brought about by the holiday rush so I would rather go against the flow for now. Ok, so speaking of eBay, I picked up my last parcels (for this year) from the post office weeks ago and I was so glad they arrived earlier than expected. I’m always excited to pick up my parcels from the post office every time because I just love unwrapping them even though I know what they are, it still excites me to see how they actually look like. I was happy with my new rose gold iPhone case and kitten brooch/pins as soon as I got them because they even look better than the photos, the perks of shopping online. 

Moving on, I know the entire America was appalled by Donald Trump’s victor as President, I know how it feels though because I did too. I personally do not have any bet but between Trump and Clinton, I would prefer the later because she has more experience in politics although she does not have exemplary track record neither in my opinion. However, I believe that the voice of the conservatives prevailed, those who voted for Trump possibly were senior citizens who wants the old America back. Some blamed the millennial babies for not voting because the future supposedly depended on their hands because of the massive number of youth in the U.S. and their number could’ve made such a huge impact on the recently concluded election. I personally do not like Trump to be honest because I have watched tons of episodes of ‘The Apprentice’ and it never occurred to me that one day, Trump would vie for the Presidential throne and that I thought it was a bluff at first but lo and behold he really did run and eventually, unfortunately even won.

Hillary’s concession speech almost set me to tears because it was really heartfelt considering I don’t like her neither. I thought, how come the best ones never run for the most coveted post? But then, to answer my own question, leading a nation like the U.S with 50 states ain’t easy. I’m hoping Trump gets impeached (just kidding although jokes are half meant) but seriously, the situation in the U.S right now is very disconcerting because Trump is known for being anti-immigrants, a racist and many others. The Statue of Liberty was actually built to symbolically welcome migrants, I hope Trump shouldn’t forget that. 


Super moon…

I know it’s silly but I did wait last Tuesday for the emergence of the so called ‘Super moon’ which won’t happen again until 2034. News said that it will appear at around 7:30 P.M so I did wait and got ready with my phone’s camera expecting it would be really gigantic because the sky was really clear last Tuesday just to find that it just looked like your average full moon, all round and bright. I thought I may have expected too much though without taking into consideration where geographically I am which may not be as close to the moon though I guess. Oh, btw, I saw some photos online and the views were spectacular on other parts of the world. Well, lucky for them not for me. 

And yes Manny Pacquiao won again. What’s new right? I would be surprised if he didn’t and so as the whole world.


No to Dakota Access Pipeline...

I was skimming through my Instagram feeds the other day and found these hash tags #NoDAPL #WeStandwithStandingRock trending. I realized the rally was in support of the protestors at Standing Rock, North Dakota which aim is to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline. I’ve read about the Dakota Access Pipeline before through my Facebook feeds as well and thought instantly  about the risk it may pose to the citizens of Standing Rock. Installing an underground crude oil pipeline would put their water at risk because of it’s possibility to leak into the Missouri River and most of them I read depend on the river for their source of livelihood. Aside from that it would also lead to desecration of the sacred land of Indigenous people because they have buried their ancestors there. I hope this is dealt with now before the problem becomes full blown as it’s easier to prevent something than deal with disaster later on. I also read that a lot of the natives had been hurt in the process due to what the oppressors are claiming as civil disobedience. I mean, what do you expect these people would do, stand still and watch? It’s as if they are being evicted because sooner or later if the DAPL pushes through, they would be left with no choice when their water is already polluted and their mortality rate is already raking up. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment