I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, So Be An Alien.

photo ctto
It's Valentine's Day indeed! The time of the year wherein chocolates and flowers are so in demand, restaurants are fully booked because of dinner reservations and hotel rooms with jacuzzi are selling like hot pancakes. The question is, do we really have to wait for Valentine's day to tell people how much we love them? 

Valentine's day is like Christmas day for lovers as they get to celebrate their togetherness and reminisce the excitement when they first met, fell in love  or what not. Personally, I find Valentine's day corny but don't get me wrong, I'm just not the cheesy type of person and I believe that love shouldn't be limited to this day alone, so as presents and chocolates and flowers, it should be expressed every single day as life is too short to wait for Valentine's Day to tell someone how much they mean to us. 

And please to the single ladies and gents out there, don't be too desperate to have a bouquet of flowers and box of chocolates delivered to yourself in the office just so your officemates wouldn't think nobody loves you on Valentine's day, trust me I've seen a lot of these in my lifetime. That's just totally mental. Being a non-conformist is totally fine besides flowers are overpriced during Valentine's day right? Sit back and relax, this day too shall pass lol. 

Flat Lay Photography
My V-Day Breakfast: rolled oats with
mixed fruits, raisins, non-fat milk &
blueberry syrup 😋

I have been stoked with flat lay photography lately so I often attempt to make one of my own just for kicks. I hate selfies because I just have this notion that vanity is a subtle form of narcissism just in a modern day context but it's still narcissism. Anyways, with flat lay photography you don't have to involve yourself because your subject can be anything. You can throw in anything and create a tiny work of art in form of inanimate objects. Inspiration I guess is the key. I don't know but I just think the most fitting word would be minimalism. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment