I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Boho

Lately, I've been grappling with persistent splitting headaches whose source remains elusive. Stress could be a culprit, perhaps stemming from the shift from freelancing to full-time work, leaving me on edge. At times, my anxiety skyrockets, and I'm unsure how to navigate it. I've found myself reflecting on life choices and envisioning changes for the upcoming year, craving a sense of calm to soothe my frayed nerves.

While diving into Christmas shopping, I yearn to relish the holiday season, but the sharp drop in temperature exacerbates my headaches, making me realize my body's discomfort with extreme cold. Despite my love for the chilly weather, I now shiver and get goosebumps when seeking fresh air by opening windows or doors.

This year has been a reflective journey, prompting me to reconsider life decisions. Work-related stress burdens me, urging me to seek inner peace and practice self-compassion, echoing the profound words of Nayyirah Waheed: "be softer with you. you are a breathing thing. a memory to someone. a home to a life."

My bohemian spirit beckons, wondering where the carefree child within me has gone—a sentiment beautifully captured in Cynthia Alexander's song, "Hiroshima."






0 comments:

Post a Comment