I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

anzac day, my saving grace.

i think GOD must've heard my prayers because my vacation leave for the end of this month just got approved yay! it was such a relief because i won't be able to come in for work on the 26th because i no longer have leave credits left and the lo and behold, the 26th is a no work day because of ANZAC! I guess this is one of the perks working for an australian account, their no-work-day is ours to.

i'm just kind of worried because my sister already booked for our hostel room in vigan in advance and it's non-refundable. i'm excited at the same time 'cuz it's our first trip together in vigan. we'll try vigan for a start and then we'll go somewhere farther the next.


*Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand, and is commemorated by both countries on 25 April every year to honour members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli in Turkey during World War I. It now more broadly commemorates all those who died and served in military operations for their countries. Anzac Day is also observed in the Cook Islands, Niue, Samoa and Tonga.


0 comments:

Post a Comment