I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, May 24, 2012

cold thursday mawnin'


it's a cold thursday morning while i suit myself with my favorite pandan muffin and kopicchino. my sister and i enjoy those assorted muffins just in the nearby bakery. our flat is just so close from the hospital so expect a lot of food joints, pharmacies etc. as everything is just around the corner,  a 24hour convenience store and even a bakery.



it's so quiet in our flat especially in the morning. you will enjoy the sweet sound of birds chirping. a sight of pine trees from our bedroom window gives me this calm feeling as if the trees are greeting and reminding me it's a sunny thursday morning chop chop! my sister and i are turning one year here in the summer capital of the country and hell yeah we still enjoy the cold climate. forget about the huge wage down south and all the hustle and bustle in the city. what the heck?! i don't wanna get older and grow wrinkles in my face because of stress. i'd rather endure muscle spasms because of the cold than heat stroke.

here up north, the city is small and it's not impossible not to bump around people you know everyday. a lot of healthy food joints like rainbow cafe (they serve the infamous rainbow rice) and  if you're a vegetarian go for oh my gulay etc. my sister and i may not speak the dialect here in Baguio which is predominantly english, tagalog and ilocano.  it's just like being in SG, if you can't speak english, you should at least speak hindi, malay and mandarin. so, if i survived living overseas for couple of months speaking purely english (except when i speak with fellow pinoys), why not here in my own country? i love the 'ukayan/wagwagan.' if you need office clothing that are chick, unique and cheap just go visit the town. they have a lot surrounding prime hotel, malcolm square and the abanao area. well, actually, wagwagan blanketed the whole city and i hope it stays that way because it's the most enjoyable place to shop for bargains and great finds. they don't even need to cut down trees like SM Baguio. i don't care if i don't have cable tv as long as i have internet access hehe. geez. i miss my e-books. i've been busy lately that i haven't even finished reading this 300pages e-book by tami hoag. where have all my free time gone?



0 comments:

Post a Comment