I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, February 11, 2017

On A Whim

Lang Leav's Anthology of Love box
set. (Photo courtesy of National Book
Store)
I feel so far behind now that Lang Leav has released her latest epic “Sad Girls” whilst I haven’t even scored my “Anthology of Love” box set why oh why?

It sucks ‘cuz I collected couple of her poetry books “The Universe of Us” and “Lullabies” just to find that a box set would be out so soon arrrgh. Ok, I guess I did not pat attention that much that’s why. Well, anyways, I technically just bought one of those books because my copy of “Lullabies” was a Christmas present. The “Anthology of Love” box set isn't cheap though as the set cost ₱1,745.00 (roughly $35.00) which includes her bestselling titles “Love & Misadventure”, “Lullabies”, “The Universe of Us” and the newest “Your Words are Your Power Journal" in National Book Store. Then, after I turn around again I saw “Sad Girls” on Instagram and I was like hey wait up I haven’t even saved up for the box set yet!? Anyways, I shouldn’t be a hoarder because I don’t even have that much time to read books lately so I guess I should just relax for the time being and just focus on those new succulents my sister and I bought (sour graping). 

basking in the sun is life...
I don’t know If I just don’t have a green thumb that’s why my succulents die out after a long while or its the environment they are subjected to that’s causing them to eventually die or maybe it’s the lack of sunlight or water or… (?)  Alright, I promised myself to take care of them this time so I researched that they should have enough sunlight and that you only need to water them if the top soil has gone dry and that you should allow some air which I understand because they also need those stuff like any other living being to survive, water, air, sunlight as without those they will definitely not live long. I also read that tea is a good food for them which I’m not wondering why since tea bags have ample use from eliminating odor on shoes to plant food etcetera. I am currently experimenting on crush egg shells for my succulents and hopefully it would help in prolonging their life span. 


Moving on, I have been enjoying watching this vlogger on youtube who’s currently living on her own in Japan teaching English and Acting. I have been yearning to live abroad for a long time now and I know how it feels to be independent thousands of miles away from home because my sister and I both backpacked to Singapore back in 2011 and lived there for a couple of months after we celebrated our birthday we pretty much enjoyed our stay then decided to extend our Visas for another month just on a whim. It just feels good to experience other culture. I’m just sad if work would get in the way this year then we won’t be able to travel abroad for our birthday or whatever, anyways, we’ll see how it goes although I hate to not travel on my birthday geez as it's the time of the year I really save up for (whimper). 




0 comments:

Post a Comment