I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Warmth in Photography

beauty staples
It's a gloomy Saturday morning and it hasn't rained in a while thus explains todays downpour. The cold is finally starting to mellow unlike these past few days that I had to use a hot bag to keep myself warm. The first quarter of the year is always the coldest here up north. ⛄

Skin, our largest organ..

The biggest challenge living in cold climates is how to protect your skin from becoming uber dry and your lips from chapping so I always lather my skin with coconut oil. Applying make up when your skin is beginning to peel due to the cold weather can be annoying so keep your face moisturized everyday. Seriously, coconut oil is such a cheap and healthy alternative and is a good body warmer too.

Speaking of make up, let me share my everyday beauty staples through flat lay photography. I love nude tones if you may have noticed. 

Eyes
  • Etude House liquid eyeliner (black) - I'm allergic to other liquid eyeliners but this one works for me plus it's long wearing. You may need to rub it with oil or facial wash to take it off. 
  • Etude House Drawing Eye Brow - I switched from ELF's eyebrow treat & tame to this one because eyebrow pencils are easier to use only if your hands aren't shaky. You can use it in no time if you're in hurry, just finish rimming the edges with your preferred concealer (I use Glamoflauge for this). 
  • W7 In The Nude (Natural Nudes eye colour palette) - It has all nude eyeshadow tones you may be looking for, perfect for everyday wear. 
  • Elf eye primer (not in photo) 
Lips
  • Nyx soft matte lip cream in London - One of my faves, the buttery smell is really good plus it glides perfectly when applied.  
  • Baby Lips in electropop lip balm 
Face
  • In2it UV shine control pressed powder - It's long wearing as well and does not cake. 
  • Hard Candy Glamoflauge heavy duty concealer in medium - I've been using this for ages and it's really perfect to conceal those under eye circles. It is also long wearing and just a little bit of it would go a long way. 
  • Revlon Photo ready airbrush effect foundation (i forgot to include in the photo) - I love the glossy finish when applied with moisturizer first. I don't think this would even require any face primer. Also long wearing. 
  • City Color Contour Effects - bronzer, contour, highlighter in one. 
accidental bunny ears. From 
Pringles can to diy trash bag holder.

Repurposed Pringles Can..

My latest easy peasy project, a Pringles can. This time around I decided to create something useful to store all those plastic grocery bags although I'm hoping that someday our country will totally phase out using plastic bags because they're extremely harmful to the ozone layer once you burn them and might as well just use those sturdy recycled paper bags instead of plastics. I just used burlap, some ribbons, glue sticks and recycled paper flower for this project. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment