I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Anything for Mom

i think she's done finally...
I recast my message board and totally made a new one from scratch because I finally found this etsy shop close to where I live that sells handmade crafts ranging from colourful feathers, jute twines, burlaps, papier-mâché boxes to scrap book decors and many more. It felt like finding treasure at the end of the rainbow. I’m saying this ‘cuz I shop online because of limited access to stuff like those and finding one that sells them is just happiness. 
my bedroom photo wall made from 
recycled message board materials.
I'm trying to channel Boho lol.

So, I bought this chalk board paper, some colourful dyed feathers, pieces of cute colourful sunflowers made from (I think) dried coconut husk’s skin, and last but not least, buttons with pretty intricate designs. I still retained the original materials such as the braided jute twines and sea shells. I’m finally happy with the outcome and I think I could finally leave it for now and move on to my new project, to decorate my Mom’s columbary.

I kind of noticed every time I visit the columbarium that more and more families  are already decorating their loved one’s columbary. Some adorn them with paper made flowers and I thought what a good way to beautify them since we cannot repaint them unlike catacombs in cemeteries. I measured the length and width so I could start my project at home then bring them in once finished. I thought, the place where our dearly departed ones lie maybe sacred and solemn but that does not mean they should look melancholic as well. I think my mom would be happy to see me decorating her urns home because she’s a lover of aesthetics like I do. Anything for Mom.



0 comments:

Post a Comment