I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.

Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, December 11, 2015

Busy December


my eco friendly message board ...
I’m 80% finished with my DIY plywood message board! I gathered some sea shells we have at home and created my own paper made purple sun flowers to decorate the edges and camouflage the tacks. I was even able to use my washi tapes for this project. It may not be as pretty but it’s hand crafted with love. I’m still gathering few more recyclable materials and sooner or later it may be done in no time (I hope). I’m proud about my work because I only consumed few of earth’s resources and was even able to recycle an old picture which used to hang in the wall but now kept in our storage room. 

I love recycling things. One Christmas many years back, I asked my exchange gift partner one thing, tons of Papelmeroti notebooks because they’re made from recycled materials. it’s my way to support re-use and recycle, an advocacy I truly believe in since childhood. Our mom taught us to make use of recycled water (the ones we drain from washing machines after laundry) instead of using the toilet bowl’s flush. This way you already hit two birds in one stone, help mother earth through conserving water in general and lower your water consumption/bill at the same time. My family and I may not adhere to this habit like we used to but surely we still do whenever we can. 

Moving on, I just received the package I ordered from LAZADA last November 21st this afternoon. A couple of Plantronics headset I’d be using for Skype. My mistake whilst ordering was I accidentally placed two separate orders instead of just one which made my life complex because I had two separate tracking numbers. Anyways, Ordering from LAZADA was a breeze because you will be notified online right away once your order was placed including the estimated time of arrival, item type etc. which is similar with eBay. My only concern was, LAZADA is not for rush orders because it took almost 3 weeks before my orders reached my doorstep. The advantage was it’s CASH ON DELIVERY basis (only on selected items though) so you feel at ease that you have not shell out any money for it yet as opposed to eBay or other online shopping sites. Shipping is also free if you order items P1000 and up. 

cat cord winder not included 
The only hassle part in my experience was when my order was already in the hands of LBC express (local courier). My items weren’t delivered on time as per their online tracking tool because according to them it wasn’t accommodated due to high delivery volume for the day. I was of annoyed with LBC since I wasted time waiting for my items. I wished they could’ve notified me at least that the delivery would be put off at a later schedule. I wrote a letter of complaint so it was escalated and was eventually delivered today after a couple of failed deliveries. I hope they have better communication channels and let me just state that their Twitter account isn’t very helpful this time. The ones responding on Twitter are like robots copying and pasting automated responses sorry to say. I called LBC’s customer service hotline, sent a letter of complaint, sent messages via Twitter. Yes I was that concerned that my package would be returned back to LAZADA because that would be a total inconvenience.

Nevertheless, I am happy with my orders although I still prefer ordering from online shops found on Instagram etc. because it only take less than a week for you to get your items. It’s still best to order directly from the seller and not have people liaise between the seller and the customer like what LAZADA does. I think I might order from them again if I have no choice since there are items found in LAZADA that are not found in other shops locally.


0 comments:

Post a Comment